background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Big Red Mama Skow

My name is Michelle Skow and I have the privilege of being a part of "Team Jinja."  I am married to Dawson Skow, who previously blogged here....without me. :)  We have been married almost 11 years, and I thank God for blessing me with such a kind, strong, patient, loving husband.  He is my rock!  And it has been such an incredible blessing to experience this journey toward Uganda with him. 

You can decide which picture you think is more like the REAL us...

The preacher in a suit and his smiling wife, with formal dress and hair swept up... 
 or the oddly dressed, but fun-loving couple, acting silly :)

We have three beautiful children, Caleb, Ellie and Adelyn.  They are our sunshine!  The absolute hardest thing about this trip to Uganda will be leaving these three faces behind for 11 days.  I can take on wild animals and crazy dysentery, but missing my babies is going to be hard to bear.  But I know God will give us the strength to be apart for this short while.  In the end, I hope I will be an even better mama after having gone on this journey. 

This trip will be my first time to travel outside of our great United States.  I am having a little anxiety about the travel, but I know God's got it handled.  This mission trip to Africa is also unique in a way for me, because I am actually getting to go and visit one of my very best friends, who also happens to be the missionary we are going over to assist and serve alongside.  It is going to be so awesome to get off the plane in Entebbe, Uganda, and see familiar faces of people we love!  I do miss our Segners!

We appreciate the prayers and support of all of our friends, as we try our very best to be God's hands and feet, and show God's love to the people of Jinja. 

No comments:

Post a Comment